Wednesday 29 April 2020

‘For the first time in my life, I’m frightened of my government’: Andrew Bolt

SkyNews(Australia)
Sky News host Andrew Bolt says “for the first time in my life, I am frightened of my government” as the catastrophic coronavirus laws are "smashing" the nation into another depression. On Wednesday, Prime Minister Scott Morrison had stressed Australia is “not too far” from restrictions being relaxed as he spruiked the COVIDSafe app as being the “ticket” to the road back. “For just a second today, I thought, at last the prime minister now gets it". Instead, Mr Bolt said "for the first time in my life, I am frightened of my government”. Mr Bolt said it wasn’t “just the federal government” he fears, but also the Victorian government which is “the most insanely militant of all state governments” in the country. Mr Bolt argued the strict social distancing measures are having vast negative effects on society and that the threat of coronavirus has been exaggerated. “I accept my freedom has its limit,” however some of the coronavirus bans “are mad and random with no real link between them and the danger they’re supposedly saving us from”. Mr Bolt said he obeys the coronavirus laws “not because I respect them but because, a bit like a criminal, I just fear the punishment”. “Government is now not my protector but a threat”

No comments: